Transnet Apprenticeships X5 Positions
This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating
TPL EE Plan : Three (3) Females; Two (2) Males.
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section
of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
E-mail : Obakeng.Mogotsi@transnet.net
The closing date is on 15.10.2019. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application
before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at
Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email Transnet@tip-offs.com
Operating Division : Transnet Engineering
Position Title : Apprentice, Electrician
Employee Group : Trainee
Department : Training
Location : Germiston
Reporting To : Manager
Grade Level : APP
Reference Number : 30011951
Transnet SOC Limited is a focused freight transport company delivering intergrated, efficient, safe, reliable and cost-effective
services to promote economic growth in South Africa.
- Applicants must be SA citizens without any other bursary obligation from other organisations.
- Preference will be given to applicants considered as South African Youth (under the age of 35).
- Preference wil be given to applicants with outstanding results.
- Appointments will be made in terms of the Company’s Employment Equity Plan and Recruitment and Selection Policy.
- All training will be done in the relevant Transnet School of Engineering Campus. Please note that NO accommodation and
transport assistance will be provided before, during and after appointment.
- On successful completion of the program, there is no guarantee for permanent employment. This is only a training
Qualifications & Experience:
- NTC2 with 4 relevant trade subjects passed or
- National Certificate (Vocational) Qualification NQF Level 3 or higher with relevant 7 subjects passed or
- Technical Matric including pure Mathematics and Physical Science passed with relevant trade theory.
How to Apply
Or send CV to Obakeng.Mogotsi@transnet.net