Student Nurse Intake 2020 Bursary
Be prepared to participate in Work Integrated Learning (WIL) in shifts which will include public holidays, weekends and nights in Gauteng Department of Health hospitals and clinics as part of the program requirements.
Applicants are invited to apply to the Gauteng College of Nursing to study towards the Diploma in Nursing in 2020 at one of the College campuses: • Ann Latsky Nursing Campus • Chris Hani Baragwanath Nursing Campus • SG Lourens Nursing Campus • Bonalesedi Nursing Campus.
To successfully apply and be considered for the training, please take note of the following:
• You are required to register a profile on the system before you can apply.
• You must be in possession of one of the following school leaving certificates – a Senior Certificate, a National Senior Certificate, currently in Grade 12 or National Vocational Certificate Primary Health
• Applications must be done on the GPG Professional Job Centre system before or on the 31st December; NO late applications will be accepted
• Certified documents will be uploaded on the system, however you will be required to take supporting documents to the selection centre should you be shortlisted.
• No hand delivered or emailed applications will be accepted, all applications must be done on this website:
The following subject criteria are required:
• Senior Certificate: English HG D or SG C, Biology HG D or SG C, Mathematics HG D or SG C and an M score of 17
• National Senior Certificate: English Level 4, Life Sciences Level 4, Mathematics Level 4 or Maths Literacy Level 5, and an APS of 27 or more (Life Orientation counts half the score)
• National Vocational Certificate: 50% in Fundamental Subjects (English First Additional Language, Maths/Maths Literacy, Life Orientation) and 60% in the Vocational Subjects (SA Health Care System, Public Health, The Human Body and Mind and Community Oriented Primary Care)
• Current Grade 12 learners must meet the National Senior Certificate requirements in their Grade 11 final results.
Successful applicants will be required:
• To sign an agreement with the Department of Health
• To attend lectures
• Be prepared to participate in Work Integrated Learning (WIL) in shifts which will include public holidays, weekends and nights in Gauteng Department of Health hospitals and clinics as part of the program requirements.
• Ensure that you qualify and meet the minimum requirements before you apply
• If you do not receive feedback within 3 months after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Nurse Intake 2020 Bursary