SAPS recruitment Applications for entry level police trainees 2019
SAPS recruitment Applications for entry-level police trainees
Minimum requirements for the SAPS recruitment drive
1. Between the ages of 18 and 30.
2. Possession of a Grade 12 certificate.
3. Proficient in at least two languages, of which one must be English.
4. Prepared to take the oath of office.
The recruitment notice also states:
SAPS recruitment drive process for 2020
1. Induction phase: One month at a designated police station.
2. Basic training phase: Eights months basic training at designated SAPS Academy.
3. Probation Phase: After successful completion of the induction and the basic training phase, the police trainee shall be appointed as a member of the Service under probation for a period of 12 months.
Recruits will begin training in January 2020 for an initial period of 21 months.
What do cops in South Africa earn?
During the induction phase and basic training phase, recruits will receive a monthly stipend of R4 500.
After that, salaries for police officers in South Africa are split across wage bands determined by years of experience and rank. Official salary data is not up to date (last updated in 2016), but various websites do keep estimates.