nsfas application form
When applying for NSFAS funding, please have the following ready.
Ensure that you have electronic (and certified copies not older than 3 months) of the following:
- Your South African ID or a birth certificate (if you do not have a green bar-coded ID or smart ID card)
- ID of parents and/or guardian or a death certificate where applicable
- Pay advice/letter of employment/pension advice stating income (SASSA slips are not required and SASSA should not be included as household income)
2 Consent form
Please download and fill in the consent form with your parent / guardian’s signatures. Applications without a consent form that is signed by all people whose incomes have been declared in the application will not be accepted, and will be considered as incomplete.
3 Contact details
NSFAS requires that you provide a cell phone number or an email address to ensure that we can communicate with you during the application process, and inform you of the outcome of your application.
If you have a disability, please download the Disability Annexure A form and submit it with your application.
Download Disability Annexure A
Orphaned learners / students
If you are orphaned, you will need to complete a Declaration Form which will replace the Consent Form. The Declaration Form can be obtained from a registered social worker at the nearest Department of Social Development. The Declaration Form must be completed and signed by a registered social worker and uploaded with your application.
- Please download the consent form and fill it in with your parent/gaurdian’s signatures. Applications without a consent form that is signed by all people whose incomes have been declared in the application will not be accepted, and will be considered as incomplete.
- If you have a disability, please download the Disability Annexure A and fill it in
- If you are orphaned, please download and complete the NSFAS Declaration Form, the form should be signed by a social worker from the Department of Social Development or an Isibindi Child Youth Care Worker and submit it at any NYDA office or Isibindi Centre.