my nsfas

my nsfas

Before you start applying!

Make sure that you have certified and valid copies of the following documents:

  • Your South African identity document/card (or an unabridged birth certificate (if you are younger than 16 years old)
  • ID of parents and/or guardian (or death certificate where applicable)
  • Pay advice/letter of employment/pension advice stating income (not older than 3 months) (SASSA slips are not required and SASSA should not be included as household income)
  • Please download the consent form and fill it in with your parent/gaurdian’s signatures. Applications without a consent form that is signed by all people whose incomes have been declared in the application will not be accepted, and will be considered as incomplete.
  • If you have a disability, please download the Disability Annexure A and fill it in
  • If you are orphaned, please download and complete the NSFAS Declaration Form, the form should be signed by a social worker from the Department of Social Development or an Isibindi Child Youth Care Worker and submit it at any NYDA office or Isibindi Centre.

Please note your application will not be considered if:

  • You have already applied on and have an application reference number
  • You already have NSFAS funding for 2018
  • You already have an undergraduate degree/diploma or postgraduate degree
  • You are undertaking any postgraduate studies, other than those listed on the website,please see postgraduate
  • You are not intending to apply for admission to a public university or TVET college

Leave a Reply